Tonight, Tuesday, December 6, 2016 Chef/Restaurateur Michael Franco launches Baril, a neighborhood bistro, steps from Rittenhouse Square. Inspired by the comforting cuisine of Provence, France, Baril features farmhouse-style southern French fare using ingredients sourced from our region’s agriculturally rich small farms and creameries. A hydroponic garden will grow fresh herbs and vegetables in house to be used in the kitchen and bar alike. Baril, where the motto is eat well, drink often, offers the perfect combination of seasonal French comfort-food, carefully curated wines, and handcrafted cocktails.
“Baril is an extension of my home, I want guests to feel the same way like they are in a friend’s house sitting around the table drinking, eating, and exchanging stories” says to Franco.
Join Baril on Friday, December 9 from 6 to 10 p.m. for a grand opening celebration featuring complimentary hors d’oeuvres and great company.
Baril is nestled just off Rittenhouse Square at 267 South 19th Street in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Visit www.barilphilly.com to make reservations or call the restaurant at 267.687.2608. And follow them on Facebook [/BarilPhilly], Instagram [@BarilPhilly], and Twitter [@BarilPhilly].
Join Linvilla Orchards throughout the month of December as they celebrate their timeless tradition of transforming into a Christmas wonderland. They has so many festive activities to get you in the holiday spirit!
Love to spread Christmas cheer? Every Saturday evening until Christmas, join Linvilla for caroling hayrides as they celebrate the ancient traditions of Wassailing. Before you leave, make sure to stop by the Christmas Shop and Garden Center for all your holiday essentials including wreaths, decorations, and Christmas gifts. Linvilla’s Farm Market has covered for sweet holiday treats like baked goods, gourmet specialties, and handmade chocolates! Most importantly, don’t forget to cut your own Christmas tree! They have the largest selection in Delaware County, as well as pre-cut trees available. For more information about all of the Christmasland fun, please visit www.linvilla.com.
Have you heard? SuGa has a bunch of new things happening this fall!
Dim Sum Brunch
SuGa has launched Dim Sum Brunch, available both Saturday and Sunday from noon to 4 p.m. Their take on a Modern Chinese brunch includes$6 mimosas, $6 kimchi bloody mary’s, and chilled bottles of sparkling wine with orange juice for $25.
It’s a Peking Duck Thanksgiving
SuGa is hosting a Peking Duck Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday, November 24 from 1 to 8:30 p.m. Susanna Foo’s infamous whole Peking Duck will be served with with 12 pancakes, scallion, cucumber, watermelon radish, jalapeno pepper, cilantro, brandy hoisin sauce and chili eggplant sauce. The duck is $65 and must be pre-ordered 24 hours in advance.
SuGa has upgraded their happy hour to include more food specials than ever before. Some new items to get excited about include a chilled Dan Dan noodle bowl for $5, spicy pork fried rice for $4, and yummy pork belly bao buns for $4. Pair your plates with drink specials like Yards Pale Ale drafts for $4, California Cabernet or Chardonnay for $5, and house-infused Lemon Drop Shots for $5. Specials are available Monday to Friday from 5 to 7p.m., and Friday to Saturday from 10 to midnight.
SuGu is located at 1720 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19103. To make a reservation visit OpenTable or call 215.717.8968. For take out orders, please call 215.717.8969
Cleavers, the no-bull cheesesteak shop in Center City, is celebrating National Sandwich Day on Thursday, November 3, 2016 by giving away a free sandwiches! Starting at 11 a.m., the first 10 guests will get their favorite sandwich on the house. Choose from 100% USDA domestic ribeye, grilled or cutlet chicken, or even vegetarian-friendly sandwich options.
If you miss out on a free sandwich, you still have a chance to score a special deal. November 3rd also kicks off Cleaver’s new double punch promotion. Every Thursday from 3 to 10 p.m. receive double punches on your Cleavers loyalty card, per purchase.
Visit Cleavers at 108 S 18th St, Philadelphia, PA 19103, open daily at 11 a.m.
This fall, Phillips Seafood is celebrating National Seafood Month by hosting a very special social media giveaway! One lucky seafood lover will win their choice of a year of free seafood at their favorite Phillips Seafood restaurant OR a year of Phillips premium grocery products. Enter to win on Phillips Seafood’s official Facebook page now until Thursday, November 10.
You can visit Phillips Seafood in Atlantic City, located on Level 3 of The Pier at Caesars and take advantage of some of their great specials like the $15 “Lunch Break”, half-price bottles of wine every Thursday, and $19.95 Surf & Turf meal! Or find them in Baltimore’s scenic Inner Harbor and try their $5 for 5 local Maryland oysters available three ways, live music lounge, and happy hour food and drink specials.
Last fall, Philadelphia based URBN Brands announced their partnership with Marc Vetri’s famous pizza chain, Pizzeria Vetri. Now the wait is finally over. Starting this month at the King of Prussia Mall, you will find a newly renovated 20,000 sq ft Urban Outfitters featuring Pizzeria Vetri! As the third Philadelphia location, Pizzeria Vetri KOP will specialize in the sale of the square pies or “pizza al taglio” – Vetri’s own take on a traditional Roman pizza. Given the fact that it’s National Pizza Month, this opening is ideal.
In addition to this expansion, URBN Brands are opening a brand new Free People and Anthropologie stores, directly across from Urban. The Free People store will be a larger version of the previous KOP location and the Anthropologie store, reimagined as Anthropologie & Co., will be the largest in the country. Together, Free People and Anthro will take up 40,000 sq ft of the mall! All four URBN Brands stores combined will take up 60,000 sq ft. All stores will be open by the end of the month!
The weather is finally shifting to fall and Oktoberfest deals are quickly appearing all over the city!
Here are some of the food and beverage specials we are most excited to see:
- SHACKTOBERFEST: Starting on this Friday, October 3 Shake Shack will be offering a full menu of German treats, like the Brat Burger, the Bacon Cheddar Brat, and the Apple Strudel shake. As for brews, $10 will get you a 25 oz Bier Stein to keep that can be filled with either the Brooklyn Brewery’s brisk, malty Oktoberfest beer or their very own ShackMeister Ale®. Refills are only $7!
- Fall Fest at Morgan’s Pier – Closed for the summer? Not quite! Morgan’s Pier is hosting Fall Fest events every weekend from now until Saturday, October 29. And you don’t want to miss the Oktoberfest Bash on Sunday, October 2. Tickets are on sale for $35 per person, which includes an open beer bar from 2 – 6 p.m., unlimited soft pretzels, and a complimentary beer stein to maintain the German spirit.
- Brauhaus Schmidz – Check out the 23rd Street Armory from Friday, October 7 – Sunday October 9, 2016 for what Brauhaus Schmidz has labeled “The biggest Oktoberfest celebration in the tri-state area”. Tickets are on sale, $45 for general admission and $65 for VIP. In addition to the vast selection of German cuisine, a 1L stein is yours to keep.
- Oktoberfest Live! At Xfinity Live! – Tickets for Oktoberfest Live! on Saturday, October 8, 2016 are now available. Prices start at $45 for general admission and $60 for X-treme VIP tickets. The tickets include unlimited sampling of over 200 beers. Live music, contest and food trucks are also included in the specials.
- Oktoberfest at Dilworth Park – Dilworth Park is hosting a five day Oktoberfest celebration from Wednesday, October 12 – Sunday, October 16, 2016. The event strays slightly from tradition and offers Autumn-themed cocktails by Effen Blood Orange Vodka and Jim Beam Apple. Dilworth Park Cafe will be featuring German-themed snacks. Find the full entertainment lineup here.
Linvilla Orchards is hosting their annual Apple Festival on Saturday, September 24 and Sunday, September 25, 2016. Whether you enjoy sweet or tart, Linvilla offers a wide variety of apples from Golden Delicious and Granny Smith to Fuji and Pink Lady, all at the peak of their season! Bring the whole family and experience Pumpkinland which will also be in full swing. Activities include costumed characters, their brand new donut game for younger guests, and live music by Makin’ Music. Don’t forget to stick around for the annual pie eating contest and the chance to win the Champion Title and a prize! For more information, please visit www.linvilla.com.
Join Linvilla Orchards on Saturday, September 17 and Sunday, September 18 for the annual Arts, Crafts and Music Festival. This two-day event welcomes local artists and crafts persons to gather and show off their best work for all to see. Unique exhibitors provide customers with a wide variety of items to browse, such as woodcrafts, jewelry, photography and much more. Don’t forget to stick around for live musical performances from 10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day and other unique activities such as Pumpkinland, hayrides, and face painting! For more information, visit www.linvilla.com.
Since we’re only a few days away from Jay Z’s Made in America music festival, here’s what you can expect this Saturday and Sunday on the Ben Franklin Parkway.
What Will You Find?
- Lockers! Don’t feel like hauling your stuff around all day, or need a place to charge your phone? $30 gets you a 2-day locker rental with a built in universal cellphone charger.
- Lots of water stations. Festival rules permits you to bring factory sealed water bottles up to one liter, or empty aluminum water bottles (glass bottles will not be prohibited).
- Something for everyone. From soulful Gary Clark Jr., to EDM’s youngest superstar Martin Garrix, to powerhouse Rihanna, to the whimsical Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zero, to Snapchat’s biggest fan DJ Khaled (major key), the lineup is packed with an eclectic mix of today’s hottest musical acts.
What Won’t You Find?
- Tickets are (apparently) a thing of the past. This year you’re only getting into the show with your pre-registered wristband, so don’t forget to set it up!
- The sun…. potentially. The 10 day weather forecast shows rain showers on Saturday and Sunday so keep an eye on the weather and prepare accordingly.
Believe it or not, tickets are STILL available, so if the rain has canceled your shore plans, grab a poncho and head down to the Parkway.
See you there!